« Go back
Types of Involvement
There are a variety of ways you can be involved with Micah Network:
Be a Member
- Full Membership
- Associate Membership
Be a Supporter
Be a Friend
- Participants (events and forums)
Work with Us
Why become a member?
Micah Network is both a movement and a network for integral mission.
As a network we focus on providing support to our members to:
- Increase our effectiveness in applying integral mission approaches
- Increase our efficiency through sharing information and learning on integral mission, for example:
- Theological reflection - the why. Seeking to understand God's missionary heart as we respond in a relevant way to the needs around us
- Good practice - the how. Striving to respond to the needs around us in a relevant and appropriate way
- Inspiring and motivating one another - celebrating testimonies of transformation, sharing learning through case studies, reviews and experiences, continuously improving
- Increase the influence a united voice has when advocating for the poor, oppressed and marginalised
As a movement we pursue together a common goal to promote integral mission because we believe that demonstrating and proclaiming God's love is the responsibility of all Christians. God's love for the world challenges us to engage in and with society, seeking holistic transformation.
Membership therefore helps us to stand together as a group of Christians committed to integral mission and to motivate and inspire one another and others to embrace and practice integral mission.
We do this by:
- Demonstrating integral mission
- Promoting integral mission and sharing testimonies and learning
- Providing a foundation for members to build relationships with one another, interceding and encouraging one another
- Linking and networking with like-minded people - organisations and individuals
- Facilitating strategic conversations, consultations, workshops, conferences, training programmes and forums
- Research, provision and signposting of resources
- Uniting to advocate for issues for transformation and accountability
Being a part of Micah Network will help to inspire you and others, through you, (Hebrews 12:1 - surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses) for mission.
A supporter is an organisation or individual who acknowledge the importance of an integral mission approach to mission; is interested in the vision, mission and aims of Micah Network; and would like to contribute financially and / or with their gifts to the work of Micah Network but does not want to apply for membership. Contributions can be in the form of:
- A grant - specified for a project, initiative or event
- A gift - to the overall implementation of Micah Network aims
- Support - of a smaller organisation to attend or participate in events
- A tithe - a monthly regular payment for a committed period of time
- Time - such as translation, administration, intercession, consultation, mentoring (and many more)
A friend is an individual or organisation with an interest in integral mission who would like to be in contact with Micah Network to:
- Share information
- Receive newsletters
- Participate in open forums (reading, learning, sharing)
- Partner in specified initiatives
- Register on our consultant / trainer database
Micah Network relies on a small number of dedicated and experienced staff:
- The current staff team is made up of:
- International Director
- Executive Assistant / Manager
- Regional Coordinators
- Project / Thematic Managers / Officers
Salaries of the staff are covered by membership contributions, organisations or individual supporters who commit to cover specified positions and grants for project managers / officers.
Those whom member organisations second to Micah Network for an agreed role for a specified time-frame. For example:
- Thematic Facilitators
- Working with Children
- Missional Church
- Event Managers
Individuals with commitment to the vision, mission and aims of Micah Network who want to donate their time, gifts and skills to supporting the work. For example:
- Speakers, lecturers, practioners, theologians
Movement between categories exists. For example, for large translation requirements our translators will be offered financial support.
Individuals with expertise and gifts that can act as advisors in specific areas:
- Panel of Reference: theological experts who help us in our Biblical perspective analysis and reflection and hold us to account on matters of exegesis
- Thematic Experts: experts in areas of concern, such as HIV and AIDS, disability, etc.
Individuals who know the area of work, context, culture, etc., that could advise us on approaches, training options, etc. By invitation only.