Alliance of Evangelicals of Congo/DRCongo (AEC) is a member of the Micah Network
The overall theme of the Consultation was: Integral Mission and the Community: local church, local change, global impact.
325 participants from 58 countries came together in Thun, Switzerland to discuss and learn together. Each day we wrestled through topics using the Micah 6:5 verse as our framework:
1) Overview: Integral Misison and the Community
2) God of Justice
3) God of Compassion
4) Walking in Humilty
5) What does the Lord Require?
For a full summary review of the week see here
To review the daily recordings, papers, resources and material shared during the week, see here.
Back Ground Preparation
In June 2011 we held a Review of the Micah Declaration and the findings indicated that:
The title of the Consultation thus reflected our desire to see how we can strengthen grass root impact and we believe at the heart of this is engagement in our communities; missional churches responding and grasping their role and responsibility at local, national and global levels.
The theme of the Consultation sought to approach integral mission through the following:
1. Priesthood of all believers – missional lifestyle
- Impacts all types of communities we are engaged in
- Challenges the role of the local church in its discipling and equipping functio
- Unites us in a common goal
2. What will our community look like when God reigns?
- Importance of understanding Kingdom values and the character of God
- Importance of asking the question of what does transformation look like?
- Challenges us to learn how we can together move towards this.
3. Local church
- If we agree that the local church is the catalyst and instrument God has chosen to demonstrate his love, how does this alter our way of working in relief, rehabilitation, development, environmental care and justice ministries.
- How does change in the local church influence national, regional and global agendas?